Minda Mia Contracting commenced its very first operations in 1998, focusing mostly on commercial landscape management. Since then, we have grown steadily to become a multi-faceted company, offering a wide range of landscaping services – consultancy, design, construction and maintenance – to government, commercial and residential clients.
Minda Mia's depot facility in Bellevue has recently undergone a major upgrade with new offices, dedicated workshop, additional staff facilities and warehouse area. Additional resources include a sub depot with nursery facilities on 2.4 hectares at Mt Helena
With modern facilities and competent qualified staff, Minda Mia possesses both technical and professional ability to manage all aspects of government, commercial and residential landscape management.
Extensive range of plant and equipment
We operate a large fleet of plant and equipment based at our Bellevue depot. We have a dedicated mechanical workshop and full time mechanic ensuring machinery is operating in a safe and reliable manner.
Our range of equipment includes:
- small and medium tippers
- multiple 2WD and 4WD ute and trailer combinations
- full size bobcat and Dingo mini loader
- extensive hand machinery - blowers, chainsaws, hedgers, etc
- motorised spray units - both hand held and vehicle mounted
- dedicated watering tanker with 800L tank
- Bandit wood chipper and assorted tree lopping equipment
- zero turns, triplex, and vacuum mowers
- vertimowers and scarifiers
- traffic management signs and equipment
Occupational health and safety
We strive towards the best practice in the management of occupational health and safety by:
- compiling with all current legislation, codes of practice and relevant standards related to safe operation in landscape management
- establishing measurable safety objectives to reduce workplace injury and illness
- providing all new staff with knowledge of placement of Policy files, First Aid Kits, Fire extinguishers, and Personal Protective Equipment
- directing all new staff to relevant Safe Operating Practice (SOP) documentation for each machine – our staff are not permitted to use the machinery until fully conversant with safe handling and operation
Sustainable environmental practices
We are committed to environmental responsibility in all of our landscape operations by:
- complying with all applicable environmental regulations
- utilising local resources and materials where possible
- reducing waste and pollution
- reusing and recycling materials where possible
- utilising sustainable design measures
- supporting the use of organic fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides
- operating within the principles of ecologically sustainable development
- where possible, implementing measures and adopt technology to prevent and minimise pollution, reduce waste, energy and natural resource use.